Re: [Exim] outbound HTML Mail to text mail for a user

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin Reed
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] outbound HTML Mail to text mail for a user
Balzi Andrea said:

> Hi!
>
> I have a exim4 that server acts as from relay towards ours 2 exchange and
> for other applications server. My problem is that unfortunately
> exchange in order to add a disclaimer, for political reasons from the
> company, converts the mail in HTML format.
>
> When I write in much Mailing List mine mail come ignored why is in HTML
> losing therefore the possibility to have some straight one or aid.
>
> For my fortune some Mailing List converts in automaticaly the HTML
> mail in to text.
>
> Now I was thinking to put a filter on exim that when sees the mail to
> arrive from the exchange (where my email is defined) and with my user
> it must convert the mail in HTML in pure text.

This is not a good idea since outbound mail may contain a valid attachment
like a word or spreadsheet file. Your idea would strip all MIME content
and leave only Text.

I don't think an MTA should do that to outbound email.

I am pretty sure, though I am not an Exchange administrator, that you can
modify Exchange so that any outbound mail is in text (still with
attachments if necessary). We do that at work without any problems, but I
don't know how they do it.

As of inbound.... We currently use demime to accomplish this for some
disability users and other special accounts...

#forward mail to another specific account
user-demime: "|/path/demime - | /path/mailtostuff forward \
    remoteuser\@domain.tld"

#dump into a specific account
user-demime: "|/path/demime - | > /pathtomailbox/useraccount

We also use the same type of thing for Majordomo mailing lists as we dont
allow any attachments to them.

I've always wanted to make a delivery rule for this in Exim, but never had
the time to actually figure it out.

Demime can be found http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html

No comment on adding a company wide disclaimer.. :-)

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums