RE: [Exim] Re: Exim auth query

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Re: Exim auth query
> On Behalf Of Chris Russell
> Sent: Thursday, 12 February 2004 12:43 AM
>
> Its an exim feature, and would be superb if anyone actually
> ran ident.
>
> You can disable it with the following configuration option.
>
> rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s

Leaving it on 30s means that anyone who has a broken MTA (err..
Spammers) that doesn't wait for the greeting gets knocked back before
thay even start which I see as a "A Good Thing". It's one of the reasons
I use Exim - you can make it as pedantic as you want to stop the 99% of
spammers that do _something_ wrong when trying to send emails.
In the rare event that someone has a legit MTA with a problem, they can
go fix it (or better still, install exim!)

Oops, /rant. Ident checking is good! (well fakeident is ;)

Ted.