Re: [Exim] spam delay trick and smtp_accept_count patch.

Author: Ian A B Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam delay trick and smtp_accept_count patch.

--On lunes, 2 febrero 2004 12:02 +0000 Nigel Metheringham
<Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 11:47, Martin Evans wrote:
>> 1. What to people think about this delay trick?
>
> Fine by me as long as you special case callback verification stuff - ie
> sender is <>
> You probably want to have recipient verification upstream of this too.
>

>     Nigel.

> --

Good point. We've just had to increase our callback verification timeout to
45 seconds, because we've found that another UK university seems to be
delaying 30 seconds before accepting our connections. Add in a few
milliseconds network lag, and that exceeds the default timeout on callback
verification.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team