RE: [Exim] Message ID Test, Please Ignore.

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Chris Russell
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Message ID Test, Please Ignore.
On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:46, Chris Russell wrote:
> > Testing Andrea`s SMTP acl fix.
> > Why on this list ?
>
> As its exim.org that's blocking due to the none-message ID =o).

The spam and virus problem is making people (like me) much less inclined
to fix up malformed mail (which then escapes virus/spam tests due to
having been validated by a previous hop). Exim.org rejects messages
with null message-ids due to this being a reasonable spam/virus marker
(ie the Mydoom stuff last week).

    Nigel.