RE: [Exim] virtual users and .forward filters

Author: Alex Lomas
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] virtual users and .forward filters
>Can you run exim in debug mode?
Yes, it doesn't really show up anything that the normal logging doesn't. If
there;s anything in particular you're interested in, I can look through it,
but obviously the whole debug log is a bit too big to post I think!

>Is there any other log sentence before?

This is the whole conversation (obfuscated slightly):

2004-02-11 09:51:43 1Aqr1z-00065A-4g <= myuser@??? H=(host)
[155.198.x.x] P=asmtp A=login:x S=1226
2004-02-11 09:51:55 1Aqr1z-00065E-9h <= myuser@??? U=root
P=spam-scanned S=1640
2004-02-11 09:51:55 1Aqr1z-00065E-9h == myuser@???
R=virtual_userforward defer (-1): failed to stat
/home/courier/mydomain.com/myuser/. (No such file or directory)
2004-02-11 09:51:55 1Aqr1z-00065A-4g => myuser <myuser@???>
R=spamcheck_router T=spamcheck
2004-02-11 09:51:55 1Aqr1z-00065A-4g Completed

I'm using spamassassin as a router by the way, hence the two deliveries/two
separate IDs for one message.

To be honest, perhaps it's easier if people could tell me how they have real
& virtual users setup with user forward files? Rather than trying to figure
out my rubbish configuration!

Thanks,

Alex