Re: [Exim] About this list

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] About this list
On 2004-02-10 Yves Goergen <nospam.list@???> wrote:
> The Reply-to header problem:
> I believe there's a more or less simple way to satisfy almost everyone
> subscribed to the list. Why can't just everyone choose with his subscription
> whether he wants the Reply-to header pointed to the list (may this be 'good'
> or not) or not set at all (which is the standard for this list, I believe).
> Someone also proposed this after I began composing this text...

First thing that comes to mind is that MLMs don't support it. And it
can only work with if a separate mail is sent to every recipient
instead of one mail to all of them (or if they are sent in two
batches.) exim-users does not do that.

> CC to others or not?
> How does someone who's not subscribed normally write a mail to the list? The
> first case is he replies to a web-archived posting. If he can do this, then
> why shouldn't he also be able to bookmark the page and revisit it for
> replies? But is it appreciated to reply to a web mail anyway, since the
> mailer won't be able to set those holy References headers correctly...
> Second case is he starts the thread by a new posting to the list. OK, I
> don't currently have a solution for that.

[...]

Third case: $user reads and writes to the list as newsgroup on
news.gmane.org. Perfect solution for the MUA impaired who are not
behind some stupid firewall.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"