[Exim] Getting multidrop to work with Exim

Autor: Sandip Bhattacharya
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Getting multidrop to work with Exim
Hi!

I am using exim w/ spamassassin running on a typical cpanel redhat
server. I have been trying like hell to get multidrop working on exim.
So far my major problem had been to somehow retain the original envelope
recipient which gets munged when the message passes though spamassasin.
However, playing around with some esoteric router configuration solved
that problem.

However, I am now hit by another problem - exim's duplicate handling in
redirect routers. A mail directed to two or more users which should be
sent as distinct mails to the same popbox, is now reduced to only one,
throwing a BIG problem in the process.

Now I know that the duplicate handling code is meant to protect us
against loops during redirection. But if I want to take the risk and
disable resolving duplicates, how do I it?

In other words, can I either:

1. Specify in a redirect router that duplicate handling is suspended in
this router?

2. Or alternatively, ask exim to start a distinct delivery process for
every envelope recipient? In that case my problem is solved in a cleaner
way.

TIA,
Sandip

--