Re: [Exim] About this list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steve Lamb
Para: Exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] About this list
Michael Johnson wrote:
> List POST, not List REPLY. There's an obvious difference.

     Uh, no, there is not.  You're replying to the individual but you are
doing so by posting to the list.  You're letting your own semantical hang-ups
blind you to the obviousness of what that header is for.

> There's
> also reference earlier in the RFC about using the reply-to header in
> the manner we're describing. I'm not posting a new message to the
> list, rather a reply to the thread (which is a completely different
> annoyance I have on many lists).

     No, there is not.  There is exactly 1 reference to reply-to and it has no
bearing on how reply-to isused in the list context.

> The point is, the header isn't there, or at least obvious that it's a
> header for replying.

     The point is the header is there, you're just ignoring it over your own
misconceptions.