Re: [Exim] About this list

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael Johnson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] About this list
On Feb 10, 2004, at 3:03 PM, Steve Lamb wrote:

> 3.4. List-Post
>
>    The List-Post field describes the method for posting to the list.
>    This is typically the address of the list, but MAY be a moderator,
> or
>    potentially some other form of submission. For the special case of a
>    list that does not allow posting (e.g., an announcements list), the
>    List-Post field may contain the special value "NO".

List POST, not List REPLY. There's an obvious difference. There's
also reference earlier in the RFC about using the reply-to header in
the manner we're describing. I'm not posting a new message to the
list, rather a reply to the thread (which is a completely different
annoyance I have on many lists).

The point is, the header isn't there, or at least obvious that it's a
header for replying.

-Michael

PS Maybe this should be moved to a more appropriate list like the
mailman list, as it has long lost the relevance to Exim. Given that,
I'm going to drop out of this discussion.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free.

            -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.