Re: [Exim] About this list

Góra strony
Autor: Steve Lamb
Temat: Re: [Exim] About this list
SH Solutions wrote:
> BUT I think we should forward this problem to the author of the mailing list
> software. It should be easily possible to override the reply-to header field
> on a per user basis - not when receiving for the sending user, but when
> sending for the receiving user. (In fact the list software would simply
> manage two distinct member lists - not that complex I think.

     This is against RFC2822.

"  The originator fields also provide the information required when
    replying to a message.  When the "Reply-To:" field is present, it
    indicates the mailbox(es) to which the author of the message suggests
    that replies be sent.  In the absence of the "Reply-To:" field,
    replies SHOULD by default be sent to the mailbox(es) specified in the
    "From:" field unless otherwise specified by the person composing the
    reply."

     Note this is different than RFC822 which, IIRC, said the sender (in this
case the mailing list) could set the header and explicitely cited mailing
lists as an example of usage.  Here it is author (which is not the list) and
as such the list should not touch that header.