Re: [Exim] Ip_blocked syntax

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Hiep Nguyen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Ip_blocked syntax
> this is located in the configure file.
>
> hostlist = blocked_ip = /usr/exim/filter/blocked_ip
>
> Will this work. I am attempting to block certain ranges of IP addresses.
>
> ---
> In the blocked_ip file they are listed similar to this
>
> 210.0.0.0/8
> 211.1.1.0/24
> 212.2..0.0/16
>
> --
>
> Will this work?? Is the syntax correct??

Yes and yes (except for the 3rd one, you doubled the dots). However, do you
really want to block 210/8 and 212.2/16 ?

I had a block of all korea and all taiwan at one time until it bit me in the
butt (my personal server). I've been rethinking how my server should work
(especially after buying a bunch of parts each from a different vendor for
my new computer! Fortunately none had been blocked)