Re: [Exim] About this list

Página Inicial
Autor: Mike Richardson
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Boyle Owen, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] About this list
> I hit "reply to list" - works for me, except when people poison it by
> forcing reply-to.

Sensible mail clients will give options such as reply to sender, reply to
all and the good ones can be told which addresses are lists and can respond
appropriately.

> Additionally I am on several 10s of mailing lists. Only two have forced
> reply-to.

As a list system administrator we have 1048 lists of which only 79 are
reply to list.

> > There is however a big-endian vs. little-endian debate about which way
> > is best and I recall a bit of a flame war they last time anyone
> > mentioned changing it. No doubt the reasons will be forthcoming...
>
>      1. I believe reply-to: the list is fundementally wrong
>      2. I run this list
>      3. You have to kill me first

Seconded. Also due to some bad mail systems and vacation message responders
reply to list can generate some rather nasty mail loops. The only times
I've had such a problem has been down to people ignoring my advice and
using reply to list. And it always happens on a Friday night :-(

That reminds me, I need to have words with 79 people.

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2003       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing