Re: [Exim] About this list

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] About this list
Hi Boyle, on Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:30:51 +0100 you wrote:

[ to munge, or not to munge the reply-to]
> I subscribe to several other lists

And lo, this issue does raise its ugly head periodically on every list.
Amazingly, whatever the decision, mailing lists still carry on, people
manage to post to them, the world doesn't end etc.

List admins are in a "lose-lose" situation because whatever they do,
someone is unhappy (and someone will say "but *ALL* my other lists do
'XYZ'", yada yada).

Given that there are inevitably arguments both way, there is an easy
solution as I see it: he (or she) who spends the time to run the list,
gets to choose. Since in this case Nigel M kindly takes the time to run
the list, I think everyone should just respect his decision (which he has
made clear now and previously), live with it and not hassle him
unnecessarily, whether they agree or not.

Tim