Re: [Exim] About this list

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Johnson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Nigel Metheringham
Υ/ο: Boyle Owen, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] About this list
On Feb 10, 2004, at 10:31 AM, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:06, Boyle Owen wrote:
>> I agree - whenever I reply to this list (which isn't often) I hit
>> "reply-to all" then delete the individual address leaving only the
>> list
>> address. A bit of a pain and contrary to every other list I'm
>> subscribed
>> to.
>
> I hit "reply to list" - works for me, except when people poison it by
> forcing reply-to.

Using which client? (Rhetorical question...X-Mailer: Ximian Evolution
1.4.5) Your client obviously has this option. Most I've seen/used do
not.

> Additionally I am on several 10s of mailing lists. Only two have
> forced
> reply-to.

I too am on several 10 of mailing lists. Only three don't force
reply-to.

>> There is however a big-endian vs. little-endian debate about which way
>> is best and I recall a bit of a flame war they last time anyone
>> mentioned changing it. No doubt the reasons will be forthcoming...
>
>      1. I believe reply-to: the list is fundementally wrong
>      2. I run this list
>      3. You have to kill me first

So even if we took a vote on the list, with those wishing to abstain
registering a non-vote (since they likely don't care), it wouldn't
matter. I see the argument for both sides, and see some merit in each
argument. However, I don't find in my experience that forcing a
reply-to is a bad thing. But then again, it's your list. Those of us
who disagree can either take our football and go home, or just deal
with it.

-Michael

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free.

            -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.