Re: [Exim] bounce_return_message problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John Horne
Para: Exim usersEximUsersList
Asunto: Re: [Exim] bounce_return_message problem
On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 00:30, Alberto Tablado wrote:
> Check bounce_message_* options but, be careful, they are not expanded,
> so affect all messages.
>
> El vie, 06-02-2004 a las 18:23, John Horne escribió:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using exim 4.30 I am having trouble with the bounce_return_message
> > option. I have set it to false, but also have amongst my ACL's:
> >
> >   accept  domains = +local_domains
> >           endpass
> >           message = User "$local_part" is unknown at this site.
> >           verify = recipient

> > If I send a message to an unknown user on the system then the above ACL
> > kicks in and returns the 'unknown at this site' message, but also
> > includes the original message in the bounce reply. I was hoping that
> > bounce_return_message would stop this.

Thanks for the reply, but no the other bounce options did not affect
this.

The problem seems to stem from the fact that the above is part of the
ACL system, and that does not seem to take any notice of the bounce
options. When a message is rejected by an ACL the default bounce message
format is used.

When a bounce message, such as an unknown user, is created because exim
has dropped through the routers then the bounce options come into
effect, and the original message and/or its body will be included
depending on the options used.

I guess that if an option like 'bounce_message_file' is in use it may
include expansion variables which are not available if the bounce was
caused by, for example, a RCPT ACL. I would have thought though that
options relating to the bounce message size could still be enforced?

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839