RE: [Fwd: Re: [Exim] All mail being rejected all of a sudden…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bradford Carpenter
A: Blazing Media
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Fwd: Re: [Exim] All mail being rejected all of a sudden. . .]
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:41:19 -0700, Blazing Media wrote:

> Well, my exim is owned by root/wheel.

[snip]
> I'm running this on OS X, and the courier user is set up as 100/100.
> I'm clueless as to what the problem could be. I can upload my entire
> configure file if necesscary.

You don't mention a critical setting that Kevin brought up: is your
exim binary SetUID root? Can't get to this setting with the default OS
X Get Info: you either need to use the command line or a utility like
XRay <http://www.brockerhoff.net/xray/index.html>.

This got me on OS X. If you're running Panther, chances are you've
moved Postfix's sendmail file aside and replaced it with a symlink to
the exim binary named "sendmail". But when you repair permissions, the
system reads the permissions for the *Postfix* "sendmail" from the BSD
receipt file and applies it to the *exim* "sendmail" symlink. This has
the end effect of *turning off the suid bit* for exim! With this bit
unset, you will get the sort of permissions errors you describe.

Only way I found to keep repairing permissions from hosing the exim
binary's suid bit is to set the system immutable bit for the binary
(you can do "sudo chflags schg /usr/sbin/sendmail" in Terminal). Be
forewarned: it takes booting into single user mode and entering a few
commands to undo this setting, so be sure you know what you're doing
before you jump into this!

Brad