Re: [Exim] Any defence against aggressive retries?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: The Prejudiciously Configured Exim User's Mailing List
Para: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Any defence against aggressive retries?
[ On Sunday, February 8, 2004 at 13:51:38 (+0000), Alan J. Flavell wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] Any defence against aggressive retries?
>

> After experiencing some fairly aggressive retries (5-6 minute interval
> over a period of over 12 hours, until it was noticed and hit on the
> head) from the MTA of a major provider, I've been musing over whether
> exim has any effective defence mechanisms against such misbehaviour.

As you say that's not really very aggressive or extreme, and I'd say
it's hardly even a nuisance.

> Or maybe I'm fussing over nothing, I don't know.

I think your time would be much better spent with the many far more
important issues postmasters face on a daily basis. :-)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>