Re: [Exim] Help ! problem with ACLs

Author: Phill Harvey-Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help ! problem with ACLs
Kevin Reed wrote:

> Phill...
>
> Most systems would setup spam scanning to only take place on incoming
> mail, rather than outgoing mail.

This is a very good point :)

> This would prevent your mail server from inserting the spam header since
> it would not be checking for email heading out from one of your systems.
>
> It also reduces the load on your server.
>
> This is from one of my servers:

[Snip!]

Eventually ended up using a variation :-

         warn    message         = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score
                 hosts           = !+relay_from_hosts
                 spam            = nobody:true

Though on my home gateway I made a custom hostlist as I wanted to
spamscan stuff coming from 127.0.0.1, as I use fetchmail :)

> As for the check you are attempting to do, I've done that before, but
> don't have the syntax sitting in front of me. Will check on it.

Someone in another post helped me with that one :)

> BTW... I see you are in the UK....
>
> Have you ever had problems with messagelabs.com in the UK?
> We apparently have a number of vendors that use them as a mail provider
> and are having fits with them blocking our mail without any clue as to
> what it is they are blocking.

No I can't say I have, though being in an academic institution our
mailfeed comes from JANET, so we shouldn't have problems like that.

Thanks again.

Phill.