Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Para: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Tim Jackson wrote:

> c) your users are never in a situation where they can't use it. E.g. in
>    a situation where they can only do outbound SMTP to a given machine, or
>    using a device that doesn't support it (the SMTP AUTH support in some
>    software, especially on some mobile devices, is limited or
>    non-existent)

Well, if all else fails, we *do* offer them the alternative of web
mail, which was the other option that you mentioned. Some users even
prefer the web mail, since it can be accessed from anywhere that
https: protocol can be invoked. They don't even need any kind of mail
client. (But then, on the other hand it doesn't do them any good if
the _do_ have a preferred mail client).

In the end there's a limit to the number of different ways that can be
adequately supported. I'd rather we supported two ways well, then
five ways badly. But for sure the two should be well chosen ;-)