Re: [Exim] Require A records for host names in HELOs?

Góra strony
Autor: Fred Viles
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Require A records for host names in HELOs?
On 6 Feb 2004 at 3:31, Greg A. Woods wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Require A records for ho":

| [ On Thursday, February 5, 2004 at 10:38:31 (-0800), Fred Viles wrote: ]
| > Subject: Re: [Exim] Require A records for host names in HELOs?
| >
| > I believe I did. But before replying, I'll try it again to be
| > sure... Yup, just what I remembered. Maybe *you* should read it
| > carefully:
| >
| > SMTP error from remote mailer after HELO epitools.com:
| > host mail.weird.com [204.92.254.2]: 501-fatal error while validating 'HELO' host name 'epitools.com'.
| > 501-connection rejected from ns.epitools.com remote address [66.166.77.34].
| > 501-Reason given was:
| > 501- No reverse DNS PTR for the remote address [66.166.77.34] has a hostname
| > 501 matching 'epitools.com'

| The error above is in fact derived in much the same way as the one
| below is derived by 'host'.

IOW, the error above means exactly what it says, which is exactly
what I said it meant. In response to which you claimed I hadn't read
it carefully enough, and that it had no connection to the HELO name.

BTW, no need to keep repeating your opinion about multiple PTR
records for my benefit. The fact that I don't agree with you does
not mean I don't understand your position.

- Fred