Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Ignoring bounce messages to alias - How?
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Walt Reed wrote:

> Why go through all the bother of the MD5 when you could just search for
> the message ID... If the included (not main) message ID doesn't match
> the pattern your servers generate, drop it.

Hmmm. If the _server_ has to provide a message-id, then all is not
well, in my opinion: a decent mail _client_ (MUA) would have provided
one already. I'd go so far as to say that lack of a client-provided
message-id deserves to be spam-rated.

A client-provided message-id of course won't match the pattern of
message-ids furnished by the MTA.