RE: [Exim] maildirsize not recalculating

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Mike Sturdee', exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] maildirsize not recalculating
Yup. I believe I brought this up a little while back. It appears that once
the maildirsize file is set (using the initial quota value at that time),
the value in the file always overrides the value specified in Exims config
file.

Aside from changing how maildirsize files are used internally in Exim, there
is no fix for this. I at first wanted to use maildirsize files to help with
quick quota calculation, but had to abandon it due to this issue. I've now
switched to adding an ,S=<size> to the filenames and using the quota regex
thing to calculate file sizes (clients do not have access to the system,
thus I can trust the filename).

Not sure how performance goes, since I have not yet put this into a
production/stress test scenario. I think it might be as good as
maildirsize, if not better since if your users make lots of email checks and
delete messages, the maildirsize file will be recalculated quite a bit. I'd
actually think that on a heavy use system, it might actually be better to
not use maildirsize files since they'd be recalculated so frequently.

Eli.