Re: [Exim] mysql - unknown user

Author: Nicolas
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mysql - unknown user
Dennis Skinner wrote:

>> here config cuts.
>>
>> begin routers
>>
>> mydomain:
>> driver = accept
>> domains = +local_domains
>> transport = mydomain_delivery
>>

> # try something like this line
>     local_parts = ${extract {login}{MD_RCPT_USER_DATA}}

> If that syntax is correct, then the router should fail for non-existent
> users. As long as no other router accepts it, your server should not
> accept the message (provided you haven't removed the verify=recipients
> line in the acl).
>
> If you want to accept the mail, but send an auto-reply to non-existent
> users, try using an identical router with a ! (not) in the local_parts
> line above and send it to an auto-reply transport.

mmh getting closer. i guess the problem is local_parts is the thing
before @.
login is a full qualified email address. what would be the syntax for
that example ?
i tried condition = ${if eq{$local_part@$domain}{${extract
{login}{MD_RCPT_USER_DATA}}{yes}{no}}
but it didn't work

another question:
if i send a mail to the server why does exim process

dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
no_more

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

i mean my domain is in local_domains and it's not like it does a single
one. it does both dnslookup AND mydomain.

regards nicolas