[Exim] Ever want to blacklist a blacklist?

Autor: Kevin Reed
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Ever want to blacklist a blacklist?
Ran into this DNSBL called BLARSBL.ORG

The guy likes to add things on a whim... doesn't like the way you
look at his website, finds you are complaining about another dnsbl...

Blocks whole blocks because a single site might have sneezed his way.

Says on his page (not that I can get there anymore since I'm blocked there
too) that the list gets a lot of collateral users, and most likely will
end up blocking everyone at some point in time.

Wants a _$1000_ deposit before he will look into what it might be he
is blocking you for. Sounds more like blackmail to me.

http://www.blars.org/block.html

Of course nobody has to use this service, in fact he basically tells you
not to.. but apparently some do. One of our clients support groups uses
an DNSBL that includes this one... and couldn't figure out why we had a
problem.

We aren't even going to bother contacting them... but makes you want to
block the blocker.. :-)

I'm guessing it was a MyDoom message with a forged header in it since I
don't have a record of our servers ever sending him email. Stupid!

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums