Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steve Lamb
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy
SH Solutions wrote:
> Therefor I'd like to switch. Can I easily uninstall the light and install
> the heavy-packet?

     You should be able to, yes.

> What is the difference? (I havn't found this on the web.)

     -heavy just has more things compiled into it, that's all.  -light is
designed for the casual home user who doesn't have a lot of RAM to waste on a
little used process whereas -heavy is more fot the serious home user or
enterprise environment.

> Do I need to change my configs? (Apart from av-integration)

     You shouldn't have to, apart from av.

> Do I need to backup my config prior to switching?

     You shouldn't have to but it is an excellent idea to do so just in case.

     FWIW I know that the person who puts together the exim4 packages is
thinking about adding exiscan-acl to -light.  I'm not sure if he's made that
decision yet but considering the fairly ubiquitous nature of exiscan-acl as a
need for even the casual home user I hope he does.  :)