Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dominik Ruf
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Debian Light to Heavy
* SH Solutions <info@???> [2004-02-04 18:09]:
> Therefor I'd like to switch. Can I easily uninstall the light and install
> the heavy-packet?

I'd just use "apt-get install exim4-daemon-heavy" instead.
This should replace your -daemon-light packages automatically
as that's what package management is for. :-)

> What is the difference? (I havn't found this on the web.)

$ apt-cache show exim4-deamon-heavy
[...]
In addition to the features already supported by exim4-daemon-light
this version of the Exim daemon includes extra features such as LDAP,
PostgreSQL and MySQL data lookups, SPA SMTP authentication and embedded
Perl interpreter.
.
Additionally this package includes a plugin to use the embedded
Perl-interpreter for Exim's local_scan interface.
.
This package features the exiscan-acl patch
http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ for integration of
virus-scanners and spamassassin.

> Do I need to change my configs? (Apart from av-integration)
> Do I need to backup my config prior to switching?

As Debian ships the config in a separate package (exim4-config)
there should be no need for this. Just install -daemon-heavy
and it will use your current config.

Dominik