RE: [Exim] Changing "Sender" header

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Eli
To: exim-users, 'Joe Peifer'
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Changing "Sender" header
>- Better, is a method I only started playing around the other day (mainly
>inspired by a post here from Eli), where for each vhost in your Apache
>config you have something like:

It's working *great* by the way... I don't use -f, this is what I have in my
VirtualHost config section (for a specific domain):

php_admin_value sendmail_path "SERVER_NAME='domain.com' /usr/sbin/sendmail
-t -i"

You could theoretically set any environment variable you want - I chose
SERVER_NAME because it's a CGI standard, and it's the best way in my
situation to distinguish accounts.

Apply my environment variable patch to Exim:
http://nutbar.chemlab.org/downloads/other/env-exim-4.30-2.patch

Then you'll want this in your main config area:

acl_not_smtp                    = acl_check_pipe

And this in your ACL section:

acl_check_pipe:
        warn    message         = X-Headers-Begin: $message_id
        warn    condition       = ${if def:env_REMOTE_ADDR {yes}{no}}
                message         = X-CGI-Client: $env_REMOTE_ADDR
                logwrite        = X-CGI-Client: $env_REMOTE_ADDR
        warn    condition       = ${if def:env_SERVER_NAME {yes}{no}}
                message         = X-CGI-Server: $env_SERVER_NAME
($env_SERVER_ADDR)
                logwrite        = X-CGI-Server: $env_SERVER_NAME
($env_SERVER_ADDR)
        warn    condition       = ${if def:env_SCRIPT_NAME {yes}{no}}
                message         = X-CGI-Script: $env_SCRIPT_NAME
($env_SCRIPT_FILENAME)
                logwrite        = X-CGI-Script: $env_SCRIPT_NAME
($env_SCRIPT_FILENAME)
        warn    message         = X-Headers-End: $message_id
        accept

I have the other CGI variables there so that real CGI emails log more data
(very useful by the way). So far, 3 webservers with roughly 400 sites each
- no crashing, 100% perfect!

Also, lastly to *really* fix your problem, you want this in your rewrite
section:

    *@$primary_hostname             $rheader_from:                  F

That rewrites your sender envelope address to be the value in the From:
header. You have to of course now watch out for potential spammers on your
system faking the From: address to something they shouldn't. However, since
chances are that httpuser@??? is NOT a true valid email
account address, and you're finding that servers that do sender callout
verification are failing. Rewriting the sender address this way at least
allows people to specify a valid account - and you also get a TON less
internal bounces due to denied email.

Eli.