Re: [Exim] Routers on sending IP / email domain

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Routers on sending IP / email domain
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:14:10AM +0000, Blane Bramble wrote:
> [resent as there was no response last time, any help appreciated]

Please don't do this.

> OK, I've got the exim book, and everything has been going swimmingly,
> but now I seem to hitting a brick wall.
>
> I have a situation where I need a couple of router rules that will do
> the following (seperate rules):
>
> 1. examine the IP address of the sending host and if it is in a list (a
> MySQL lookup, but that part is fine) send to a transport.
>
> 2. examine the domain name of the sending envelope and if it is in a
> list (MySQL again) send to a transport.

The following are the keywords to look up in the exim specification:
condition (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_15.html#IX1467)
lookup (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_9.html#CHAP9 yes,
        you want to read the whole chapter)
router (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_3.html#SECT3.10,
        http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_3.html#SECT3.11)

> In both these cases I want to skip the rule completely if the sending
> host IP is in a fixed list (this is all to do with routing to and from a
> dedicated virus scanning box).

have a look at routing preconditions, then you'll understand everything

Cheers

MBM