Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ClamAV and Exim4
Tim Jackson wrote:
> you could call the command line scanner (clamdscan) which is part of
> ClamAV. However, as with SpamAssassin, this is generally a
> less-than-ideal solution

[...]
> Also, almost certainly less efficient, though this may not be a big
> problem if you're not handling huge quantities of mail.

I'd like to state, that ClamAVs daemon (as of version 0.65) seems to
like crashing when handling a lot of mails. I was passing about 7000
Mails per hour to a Dual XEON 2.4 GHz with 2GB of RAM, running Slackware
8.1, and it turned out to "freeze" clamd, clamdscan processes timing
out. I'm running clamscan as virus scanner now, and it works without a
problem, loadaverage being two or three times higher than with
clamdscan, though.

lg,
daniel