[Exim] Copying/forwarding all incoming and outgoing mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dan Williams
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Copying/forwarding all incoming and outgoing mail
Hi Exim users

I'm new to the list and not too hot on Exim, so please be patient :)

I've spent around 4 hours trawling through the archives to try and find the
answer to my problem, but nothing has worked for me so far.

Basically I have a particular domain on my server whose incoming and
outgoing emails I want forwarded to an address (well, two actually) at
another domain. In fact it is only one address on this first domain that
needs to be monitored, but the whole domain will do.

I'm running cPanel on my server, so I'm not sure if that has any important
effect on the Exim configuration, but I've sniffed around and I don't see
anything to suggest that I should edit anything but the /etc/exim.conf file
(I could of course be wrong; if anyone knows of something else I should
alter please say so!)

I have found the following archives helpful:

http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030120/048851.htm
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-19990628/013264.html
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030630/056201.html

...and from them I managed to put together these commands:

archive_incoming:
    driver = redirect
    domains = domain1.com
    data = archive_in@???
    unseen

archive_outgoing:
    driver = redirect
    senders = domain1.com
    data = archive_out@???
    unseen

The trouble is, when I try to start Exim with those settings, it won't start
- it moans about not having a redirect driver, or something. Am I supposed
to put those lines in the exim.conf file, or somewhere else? Does it matter
where in the file they go? (I've put them near the end.) There are a few
different methods described in the archives linked above... have I created a
valid set of commands, or am I totally off?

Once again, please bear in mind that I know virtually nothing about Exim, or
how it works, and I'm unsure how to apply the information I have found. Any
help will be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dan