Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist …

Author: Ollie Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist Material)
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:01:57AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> That is precisely why I designed Exim the way it is. I got fed up with
> having to keep flipping between a number of files when changing the
> configuration for smail. With the current scheme, you can easily set it
> up either way, especially since "include" was added.

Since the configuration is read and parsed for every Exim process (every
incoming connection, every delivery etc.), it's probably also more efficient to
have everything in one file, rather than open()ing three or four different
ones.

Sites can make their own local arrangements easily as Philip and others have
pointed out. At Claranet we have a variety of scripts and Makefiles which
create the configure files.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???               +44 20 7903 3065