RE: [Exim] Any benefits to having exim use the SIZE command?

Autor: Eli
A: 'Exim User's Mailing List'
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Any benefits to having exim use the SIZE command?
Wouldn't dropping the SMTP connection during DATA time be a violation of
protocol? Also, the server would just continue to re-send it (if it's not a
spammer directly sending emails) since it would never receive an error
message and think it should just retry?

Besides, if a spammer wants to tie up bandwidth, I'm sure they can find many
many ways to do this... I doubt Exim would be the first thought on their
minds (besides, that would be quite tracable, and all ISPs would close an
account due to that sort of violation).

Eli.