Re: [Exim] Eximon vs. Exim Webapp security challenge

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Greg Folkert
Para: Blaine Simpson
CC: EximUser List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Eximon vs. Exim Webapp security challenge
--
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 19:47, Blaine Simpson wrote:
> I hope that you guys don't include security in your resume.
>
> I'm a security expert who actually works with it. I'll go back to the
> security forums and won't disturb your illusion of how things work
> in reality.
>
> Sometime take an hour and learn how suid works. I realize that, if
> you are a C program, you are a very poor one, but common sense should
> tell you that you can't run a non-setuid program as a non-privileged
> user and run any system call that will switch you to some other user.
> But I see that common sense is a rare commodity around here.
>
> Bye.
>

> Greg Folkert wrote:
> > --
> > BTW Blaine:
> > ... nothing insightful

Blaine, Blaine, Blaine... Not nice to TOP POST AGAIN!

And, I can guarantee I am not a programmer. I guess, you could call me a
Systems and Network Analyst, in your PHB Speak.

And Priv mail in these kinds of discussions, speak volumes for the kind
of Netizen you are.

I do these daily, I have had exactly 2 exploits happen whilst at the
Helm... one was my stupidity... one was a remote exploit hours old in
discovery. Both were before I was able to secure a College's network,
before I was handed the keys to the network. Before me, they had Raw
Internet to every single desktop including Windows 95/98/19100 (2200
Windows machines alone). 'Twas very UGLY.

I fully doubt you could hold a candle.
--
greg, greg@???