Re: [Exim] spam delay trick and smtp_accept_count patch.

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Alan J. Flavell, Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam delay trick and smtp_accept_count patch.
At 10:23 pm +0000 2004/02/02, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
>> let me take this slightly off subject.. Inspired by this idea I am
>> now delaying for each message that scores points at our server,
>> unless of course the score is over the upper limit (10 usually) in
>> which case it is rejected with no delay.
>
>This sounds as if you are inserting a delay at the DATA stage of the
>SMTP transaction. I'd have to say that's not a good idea, and the

no! I don't do anything at the DATA phase, I do not use third party
cockups, I use my own in house rules that are all at the RCPT phase.
So that if there is a problem it's all my fault...

I can even tell the server that does not wait and instead retries:
jobserve.com (well, that's not exactly its PTR, rather its HELO, but
the server is a genuine and not a pretending one). It could not even
stand an 84 seconds delay.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/