Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist …

Góra strony
Autor: Kevin Reed
Dla: EximUser List
Nowe tematy: Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist
Temat: Re: [Exim] Request for config modularity (Probably Wishlist Material)
Greg Folkert said:
> --
> I am an admittedly huge zealot for the Debian way of doing things...
>
> But, don't let that cloud you judgment here.
>
> I am using exim v4.30 with exiscan compiled in (exim4-daemon-heavy) from
> the debian repositories. Recently Andreas Metzler and Marc Haber made a
> truly remarkable change to the way the Exim Config is handled in Debian.
>
> Instead of having one huge monolithic config file, with which I
> sometimes get corn-fused as to exactly where I am in the file, I have a
> "conf.d" directory with more directories such as:
>
> acl, auth, main, retry, rewrite, router, transport

Yuck

Hopefully not... It is way to easy to search around a single file where
everything is located to make changes. For me anyway.

For a really complex site, I can see moving that direction as the number
of rules etc increase, but for learning a system like this which already
can be tough since you are normally replacing something that has to be
working out of the chute why add all that complexity.

MOHO...

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums