[Exim] Revived thread: new entry in panic.log

Góra strony
Autor: Jethro R Binks
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Revived thread: new entry in panic.log
From last year, this thread:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jim Pazarena wrote:

> Since I updated to 4.22
> this is a new entry in my panic log
>
> 2003-08-19 13:23:56 getsockname() failed: Connection reset by peer
> 2003-08-19 13:23:56 daemon: fclose(smtp_out) failed: Broken pipe
>
> ==
>
> the message seems clear, but I've never _ever_ had this message before,
> so I thought it may indicate a problem (somewhere) within 4.22
>
> FreeBSD 4.8

To which Philip responded:

"I haven't seen any other reports of this. Are you seeing lots of these?
It looks like a connection that got dropped as soon as it was made, even
before Exim had a chance to find out the details of the connection."

I wasn't reading the list for a while back then, but if I had been, I
would have commented that I see this message probably about once a week.
In some cases (especially recently), it happens on both MX servers (I
haven't looked to see how closely they correlate). I've wiped the most
recent occurrence from the logs, but next time I'll look more closely and
see if I can associate it with any other events.

In my case, I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE with Exim 4.22, and have seen
this ever since running these on those MX hosts.

I submit this mainly for the archives, and in case it piques anyone's
interest.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services