Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: Bill Moseley
CC: Exim users list
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts
On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 18:18 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 07:45 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Right. Also I found that without the recipient callouts I ended up with
> > lots of frozen messages on the backup MX.
>
> Messages claiming to be _from_ invalid users at your domain, and also
> _to_ invalid users. You have to trust it and accept both, and then it
> turns out to be unbouncable.

Er, this is more likely to be bounce messages destined for invalid users
at your domain. Sender verification if done without defer_ok would
prevent the above from happening anyway. I'm not sure how to fix it
other than to refuse to accept bounces while the primary is down...

  # Deny unknown recipient at relay domain, with callout but accepting
  # temporary failures (else backup MX is pointless). Don't do callouts
  # for mailman lists though, because they won't accept bounces.
  deny       !senders    = :
       domains    = +relay_domains : +dns_virtual_domains
       !verify    = recipient/defer_ok/callout=20s,random,defer_ok
       message    = Unknown recipient at target domain

  # For bounces, do it without defer_ok. This just means that bounces
  # sit on someone _else's_ queue rather than ours, and it prevents the
  # frozen messages when we accept bounces to invalid addresses in the
  # domains we relay for.
  deny       senders    = :
       domains    = +relay_domains : +dns_virtual_domains
       !verify    = recipient/callout=20s,random
       message    = Cannot verify recipient address

--
dwmw2