Re: [Exim] how to check remote recipient

Autor: Benjamin Ritcey
A: 'exim-users'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] how to check remote recipient
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 11:14, Balzi Andrea wrote:
> --
> Hi
>
> Sorry for HTML format of the mail, but is a exchange problem.
>
> In company we use exim and we have little experience.
> We use exim as relay and the mailbox are defined in to two server
> ms-exchange5.5.
> We would not to forward the mail to the exchange if the mailbox do not
> exist.
> We have tried to read the documentation but we do not understand where we
> mistake.

You can use LDAP to see if the address is valid. See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/C043.txt, especially the
'exchangeothermailboxlookup' and 'exchangemaillookup' sections.

I started with this setup and it works fine (I've switched to generating
a flat-file every hour or so, so I don't have to rely on the Exchange
server being up).

HTH,

-b