Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts
> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:41:32 -0800
> From:        Bill Moseley <moseley@???>
> To:        exim-users@???
> Subject:    [Exim] Temporary defer on callouts

> I'm now rejecting based on a failed sender callout. I'm using defer_ok
> on the callout which does allow a few bad apples through. Are others
> that are rejecting by sender callouts also using deny_ok?

I currently use the deny_ok in sender callout verification, that is not
where the problem is. I am currently working on a better solution than
the callouts (or atleast more selective callouts) as there are WAY too
many 'legite' domains out there that do not accept the 'mail from: <>'
command, so I get alot of complaints from users about so-and-so not being
able to send them email any more...
I have also found that this problem has just gotte worse this week as
even more silly admins seem to think that not accepting mail from: <> is
a good way to stop the virus, or more likely all of the
MailScanner/TrendMicro/NortonAV reject messages.