[Exim] localhost lookup (IPv6)

Author: Mark Foster
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] localhost lookup (IPv6)
--
Exim-4.24 on FreeBSD.
Riding out the mydoom worm propagation - our servers are getting hit pretty
hard, although just about all the traffic is abrupt disconnects. Each of our
mail servers runs a local caching name server.

Anyway I am trying to decrease the load on the servers by temporarily
eliminating "luxury" ACL lookups like DNSBL and such.
I keep noticing these certain lookups for every inbound SMTP connection in our
bind querylog.
Jan 29 14:30:40.340 queries: info: client 127.0.0.1#3427: query: localhost IN AAAA
Anyone know why this IPV6 lookup happens and or how It can be suppressed?
Thanks.
--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark Foster <mark@???> http://mark.foster.cc/