Re: [Exim] Running queue on a different machine?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Blaine Simpson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Running queue on a different machine?
I would suggest as a safer and more reliable alternative, to set up
a new transmitting server like you are thinking, but instead of
copying or sharing files (both alternatives entail non-trivial
synchronization issues), just have your existing receiving server
forward as if the transmitting server were a smart host. I.e., set up
a smart_host router rule on your existing server as explained in
section 42.1 of spec. Unlike a typical dumb mail forwarder, your
receiving server would keep all of the receiving logic.

In my experience, straight forwarding (without DNS or any other
processing) doesn't use much of your computer resources.