Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?

Author: Steve Lamb
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> I guess you meant affected...
> Poor "effect", it hasn't got much of an effect today!

Affect, either to aim at, have affection for, put on a pretense or tend towards.

Effect, basic meaning, anecotal following, outward sign, *power to bring
abount a result*, movable property, *distiveive impression* or *quality or
state of being*.

     No, I don't think he mean affected since I don't think spam had anything
to do with his aim, his affection or made him put on a pretense.  However I'd
wager it certainly brougt about a result (of clogging his mail), gave him the
distictive impression that Microsoft is shite and certainly did something to
his quality or state of being.

</pendantic>