Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MyDoom filtering?
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:07:13 -0500 (EST), Richard Welty wrote:
> rather than behaving reactively to these things, i suggest it's well
> worthwhile to install exiscan and clamav. the clamav folks got a

I don't like relying on virus checkers to block this kind of thing;
besides which virus checkers take a lot more machine resources than
simple checks. Mass outbreaks have been known to swamp mail servers.

> my rejectlog is currently showing 572 rejects for this thing over
> the past 11 hours.

3164 rejects since 00:01 which is an all-time high for malware rejects
at this site.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security