[Exim] Problem sending html email to outlook

Author: Mike Gifford
To: exim list
Subject: [Exim] Problem sending html email to outlook
Hello,

Ran into a problem with phplist.com's eNewsletter script the other day.
Did a lot of testing on it to see if I could replicate the problem on a
stock RH8 system using sendmail, but couldn't. The server that was
having the problem was using a fairly recent version of exim.
The observed problem was that some Outlook users weren't getting the
HTML emails properly and were only getting the text version.

In anycase, switching from exim to sendmail seems to have resolved this
problem and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this bug.

It's a bit of a tricky one to resolve (especially as I'm a Linux User
and have never really used Outlook). Are there any exim users who would
like to set up this really good php based eNewsletter script to see if
they can replicate (and hopefully resolve) the problem?

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting
Free Software for Social Change -> http://www.openconcept.ca