[Exim] Re: [

Author: kmb
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: [
styv wrote:
> *These is just one of millions of messages in my exim_mainlog file
> with the same text (except for mail address and ID)
>

> 2004-01-23 16:35:49 1Aj8lJ-0003Ny-00 ==mari_hallok@???
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any
> host
>
> Can you help me? I'm begginer with exim and don't know what that
> means. *

My first thought is that there is an issue with your DNS.  the message
in question is in the defer state can you search the log for all of the
lines with a single message ID using grep.   That will give you the
history of one message.    You may also want to do the same with a
number of Messages just to see if they are all failing the same way.

In the case of the message you listed the message ID is
"1Aj8lJ-0003Ny-00"

--
kmb

Kevin Barrett
Administrator -- Exim-Users.org Portal And Forums
Exim-users email list to forum gateway
Come Join us at 'The Exim-Users Forums' (http://www.exim-users.org)

kmb's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1
View this thread: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=602