Re: [Exim] config guide ?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sander Smeenk
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] config guide ?
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 10:12, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Could you please fix your exim-users.org forum site?
> This stinks. These messages do not match my filters, and end up in my
> private email box. Furthermore they are full of useless headers, AND
> your ip is listed in a dnsbl.

The headers break thing has been fixed - it was down to a misconfig or
possibly an exim bug (need to work through this yet) when I added some
DNSBL checking to the incoming mail stream. I guess half a dozen
messages were affected.

Specifically I have made the following mods to exim.org's incoming
SMTP:-
      * check for specific faked HELO data, and reject
      * reject connections on the spamhaus DNSBL
      * detect connections from ips on the SORBS DNSBLs and add a 90
        second delay (hoping the spammers will give up) and a warning
        header.  This warning header was miswrapped in the config file
        causing the broken headers.

Its certainly dropped the spam hitting the list moderation interface
down *hugely*. I've read the reject logs and haven't noticed any
rejections I am concerned about.

    Nigel.