Re: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Inter…

Author: Chad Leigh -- Shire Net LLC
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Internet.
On Jan 22, 2004, at 5:27 PM, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> Phil Brutsche wrote:
>
>> 8. The SMTP agent provided by Windows (and hence the one used by
>> Exchange) is a steaming pile of crap.
>
> Case in point:
>
> 2004-01-23 13:13:14 rejected HELO from pop.ttcl.co.tz [64.86.47.195]:
> syntactically invalid argument(s): ttcl_exch_01.ttcl.co.tz
>

> # grep -c ttcl.co.tz /var/log/exim/reject.log
> 210
>
> Arrgh.

yes, I get similar things all the time. And from what I have figured,
it is easy for the exchange admin to fix.

The biggest reason is: Do you want your email server, which is the
lifeblood and killer-app of the web and your business, to be exposed to
all those viruses and worms and stuff?

I have a customer, who had me hosting his customer's email domains.
Then that customer of his decided they wanted to do it themselves --
with exchange. That lasted a few months -- the IT person who made that
decision got fired and they came back to me for their email services...

Chad