Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist

Author: Konrad Michels
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist
Apologies for the late reply on this one!

I've now implimented 127.0.0.2 blocking on my mail server using
dsbl.org, abuseat.org, spamhaus.org and spamcop.net. In addition I'm
also using an old spews list which I downloaded before it went tits-up
which I've run through sort and uniq and then converted to dbm format
and am doing dbm lookups against it.

I've also started an "internal" list, which at the moment is just a flat
text file against which exim is doing linear searches, where I'm
entering IP addresses or IP subnets of spam that is still slipping
through this net.

Oh, I'm also running spamassassin!

ANd its amazing what is still slipping through! By far 95% of spam that
is still getting through is coming from cable/dsl/dialup related blocks
of IP addresses.

So what I was wondering was whether anyone know of any more
comprehensive list of dynamic IP address ranges: I'd like to impliment a
simple rule which just blocks all connections from dynamic IP address
subnets?

I know its a controversial move, and a lot of people disagree with it,
but its me that is getting the spam!

Thanks
Konrad

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 13:29, Chris Edwards wrote:
> | risky.  So I avoid that by including:
> |
> |         dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net
> |         ! dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.6

> PS - in current Exim you can just write:
>
>      dnsbl.sorbs.net!=127.0.0.6

> --
> Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service
>
> --

* Konrad Michels
* IT Manager
* Surfkitchen Limited
* +441189298079

The information contained in this message is confidential. It is
addressed and other authorised to receive it. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
use, copying, dissemination or disclosure of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it immediately and contact the sender by e-mail or telephone.
Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. SurfKitchen accepts no
responsibility either for breaches of confidence that may arise through
the use of this medium or for changes to any e-mail which occur after
the e-mail has been sent.