Re: [Exim] Archiving all email with Exim4

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Archiving all email with Exim4
On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 02:38, Art Mandler wrote:
> We're using Exim4 on a debian server with about 150 accounts. This is a
> new setup for us. Because we are a govenment agency (sewer district) I
> need to archive ALL emails, preferably to a single file that I can
> backup periodically and clear or rotate. Is there a standard way this
> is done with Exim?

standard? well. but it's quite simple to do. add this router before
the router which accepts local messages:

shadow_copy:
driver = accept
verify = false
transport = archive_msg
unseen = true

and this transport:

archive_msg:
driver = appendfile
return_path_add = true
envelope_to_add = true
delivery_date_add = true
# format of $tod_log is "1995-10-12 15:32:29"
file = /var/spool/archive/${substr_0_10:$tod_log}

(this is boiled down from our much more complicated setups, so it may
contain errors.)

--
Kjetil T.