Re: [Exim] spammer exploit - using unroutable address

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: hanasaki, LIST - Exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] spammer exploit - using unroutable address
At 11:56 am -0600 2004/01/17, hanasaki wrote:
>I have seen some emails come in addreassed to:
>    [somehex].[somehex]@mydomain.com
>with a Return-path: of someone who is a target of spam.  Exim is giving
>the error "Unroutable Address" and notifying the email at the
>Return-path.  ie: the target of spam.  How can exim be configured to
>kick this email back at the sender instead of the faked sender in the
>Return-path?

>Thanks
>
>running exim4 on debian sarge

exim does NOT generate bounces unless it accepted the message in the
first place, when exim does give an unrouteable address 5xx SMTP
reply the message is not accepted and a bounce is not generated.
A bounce could be sent to a forged envelope sender if for instance
the message has been accepted because the source was authenticated
(with no other checks), but in this case you can easily track down
who the (local user) culprit was.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/